Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

OH Hoppy Day! We have been busy around here, as usual! We had visitors from across the state 2 weeks ago. The Tews had a great weekend walking the Cooper River Bridge Run. The kids played here, all together, very well!While the Tew parents were walking, we played Wii, dug holes in the backyard, visited the park, and got to see our old houses! (The Tews lived down the street from us when we lived here last time 13yrs ago!) Sarah injured her foot/ankle in the Bridge Run so I got to practice my bandaging skills by wrapping an ice pack. I have been told that she did see a doctor and is asked to stay off of it for 2 weeks! I pray that it heals quickly and she will be off and running again!



Our Easter celebration began yesterday at an Easter Egg Hunt on base! Aidan found a whopping 5 eggs. The area of the hunt took place on the playground and he was much too destracted by the equipment. We ate some candy, played some games, got a sore tummy, and then promptly went home. We rested for the afternoon, and then dyed easter eggs. Aidan wanted so badly to mix the dyes. Daddy and I had to fuss a bit to get him to back off enough not to spill! Not too much spillage occured but we did start off with quite a few eggs and ended up with a much smaller lot!

This morning was almost a bust because Aidan ran ahead of Daddy while I was hiding eggs! I told him that Trixie ran off the Easter Bunny! Poor dog, always getting blamed for something! He found what eggs I did manage to hide in a few minutes. Now we are sitting around enjoying his jelly bean filled eggs and waiting on Dad to get home from studying so we can eat Easter Dinner! I am going to attempt to cook a Publix ham! It seems fool proof but this is me we are talking about! I can barely boil water! I hope I don't give my family food poisoning!

I hope that everyone has a great Easter!

No comments: