At four years old, Aidan is grounded. He is not allowed to play Wii AT ALL today because of his behavior yesterday. Here is the story.
It all started with a trip to Game Stop with Daddy. Daddy wanted to get a Flying Aces type game for Wii. Of course, Aidan wanted a new game, too. Aidan picked out "Hot Wheels, Beat that!" for Wii. They came home and played Wii non-stop all weekend! Well, Daddy had to head out for study time at school and Aidan was left at home with the "boring" parent. Aidan was on the Wii for about an hour and I decided that it was time to play something else. I gave him fair warning that after this game, it was to be turned off. Well, that didn't happen. So, I turned it off for him. He proceeded to spike the Wii remote down on the floor and then walk up to me and kick my shins! I gave him a time out, of course. All thru time out, he screamed and hollered, hit the walls, and knocked over the time out chair. It was then I decided that it was time to take away his precious Wii for one day! Daddy came home soon after our incedent and agreed with me this was the right thing to do. I also consulted the grandparents. Aidan overheard me talking on the phone with Grandma Dottie and he started to yell and run away to hide saying, "Don't tell grandma, Don't tell grandma!" At least, I know by this that he knows he did wrong!
Well, today is our Wii Free day and it wasn't that bad! He did ask repeatedly to play Wii Hot Wheels and I repeatedly told him why he couldn't. I do hope that he doesn't make this a habit!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you are a great mom! (of course I think Aidan is a great kid too but I also know even great kids have their moments!) Hang in there. Soon enough he will be thirty. love ya much. thanks for hanging with us at the zoo! Tew Crew mom
Post a Comment