Monday, January 7, 2008

Day 1 of Deployment

We all got up at 6am this morning to get KC to the ship in time! KC has spent the last few days shopping for necessities that he will use during the next 5 months, getting odds and ends to make his life more comfortable on the ship, and taking it all to the ship. KC gave Aidan keep his glove for him while he was away and Aidan gave Daddy a Tigger stuffed toy to take with him on his trip. Aidan was a big boy and hugged Daddy really tight and gave lots of kisses before he got on the ship to pull out! Mommy got her share, too!

We watched the boat pass by at the RV Park on base and Aidan used his binoculoscope from the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse to watch daddy on the ship! (Of course, he couldn't really see him-those are for pretend play and Daddy was on the Bridge) but it was so adorable, none the less! We blew kisses at the boat and waved until we couldn't see it anymore. Aidan handled that alot better than we were expecting. I guess he is getting used to this way of life! Just another day! The only snag we hit was that KC took my car keys with him and I have his here with me when I should have both!! Oh well....

Yesterday, we took KC and Aidan down to get pictures done. (I have an aweful cold sore so I kept my *pretty face* out of there!) The pictures of the boys turned out so beautiful! I can't wait to share them! We took Daddy for a lunch at McDonald's since it will be a few weeks until he can get to one! (He eats there so much we should own stock!) We mostly hung out at home and played with GEO TRAX trains and ate left over birthday cake!

1 comment:

littlemomtew said...

We love you all! Will be praying for you. Can't wait to see you Mr. Aidan. The Tew Crew